I have it extra these days.
Stress on ‘roids.
The extra value meal of stress cases.
Okay really, compared to many others‘, my stress is nothing, but I am nevertheless getting myself mighty worked up. My head is basically swimming with all the many projects and things currently filling my little plate these days.
I know, I know- whine, whine, whine.
Let me explain what’s causing me to be so frazzled that I actually thought I’d left my stove on yesterday morning and burnt down my apartment building (relax Mom- I didn’t). And we’re going to use lists, because I love them, and they de-stress me. Sorta like snacking, only more organized.
1. I have some life-altering work stuff clouding my head, which has been the main culprit of my stress overdrive. And when I say life-altering, I’m not being dramatic or overly generous to justify my stressed-out-ness. Let’s just say I’m crossing my fingers I don’t have to start sleeping on a bench by the river anytime soon or go the hippie route and sell all my belongings.. Working for the government is fun!
2. I’m also – oh, that’s right – moving to a new apartment here in D.C. on Tuesday. I’m looking forward to this, especially because i get to see my lovely friend/roommate Blaire again super soon, but #1 is keeping me a little preoccupied.
I’d show you how excellently I packed up my apartment and all the cardboard boxes filled with my belongings, but they don’t really exist.
3. My knee is being a butthead still, and I made an appointment to see a physical therapist to take a peek at it next week (first appointment I could snag). Something is clearly up, and i haven’t been running at all. Not a single mile. Heck, climbing the steps at work is touch and go.
No running/less activity = cranky Joelle.
And we do not even need to start talking about how I probably will not be able to train for my first half marathon, which I was already signed up for with Team in Training, stoked about, and had announced to the universe.
4. Someone I love is going far away for a while very soon, and I’ve just about blocked it out… but I’m still not too excited about it. And no, I can’t talk about it here on the blog right now. Honestly, that’s also the smallest blip on the radar for me right now, mainly because I’ve buried it far away in my brain, and have had time to mull it over already.
5. I have a boatload of traveling coming up in the coming weeks – more than usual, courtesy (mostly) of numbers 1 and 4 on this list.
Usually, lots of travel in my life =
So that wouldn’t normally be an unpleasant thing since I lurve to travel and these are all great trips that I’m pumped about, but mixing that with the fact that I do still have a full-time job and a couple of other responsibilities due to moving apartments/work issues, I’m feeling a wee bit spread thin.
Anyways, as a result of this mish-mash of things jumbling in my head, I’ve been more of a hot mess than usual.
Scary thought, eh?
And to handle stress, I make lists, I snack more excessively than usual on carbs… and I basically run through life in a whirlwind trying to accomplish everything as soon as humanely possible.
This makes me very social and approachable, trust me.
For the record , in case it wasn’t already clear, this all has also sent Paleo out the window.
Poof- goodbye, cavewoman meals!
I’ll get back to it eventually… In the meantime, there’s some laundry that needs folding here in mi casa.
Wild Wednesdays over here.
I promise a more uplifting/less ranty post tomorrow… I know everything will work out and I’ll chill out soon. Night!
Tell me how you handle stress please! I usually also RUN, but obvi I can’t do that this time.