It’s that time again.
I feel like Santa. I could get used to this.
Last night I filled up a box full of some Halloween treats (and maybe some tricks? 😉 ) to send to Penpal. In the box were some of his favorite candies as well as some other goodies, including my super secret recipe chocolate chip cookies.
Okay, not secret. You and I both know I’m not actually that cool.
Penpal’s very favorite dessert is a chocolate chip cookie with a glass of milk, and this right here is the best recipe. I know this because Penpal likes them more than Chips Ahoy, which were his fav before dating me. So I must be doing something right here.
These babies are crisp around the edges but perfectly soft in the center.. And they have a lot of butter, so don’t get nervous. You can call your cardiologist later, but doesn’t the whole dunking-in-milk factor cancel it all out anyways?
Eh.. okay, or maybe we can both just log a few extra minutes at the gym tomorrow. Either way.
Don’t worry. I bubble-wrapped them.
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (1.5 sticks)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a smaller bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
2. Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla in a larger bowl til creamy. Add egg + egg yolk one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, and drop by rounded tablespooon onto onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Makes about 30 cookies, depending on how large a cookie you make.