Who needs an alarm clock when you have a million screaming sirens and cops on motorcycles? I’m so lucky.
2. I decided to fall off the radar on Saturday and unplug. After a week of being swamped at work (in a good way), I needed to veg out and organize my life. That requires sweat pants and pancakes and pasta and bad T.V.
And by unplug, I obviously still went on the internet to stare at recipes and text messaged at my usual amped up rate. But there was no wine! None. You’re welcome, liver.
3. I want leg warmers. No, strike that. I need leg warmers, like these.
No, I’m not a ballet dancer, or a figure skater, but I don’t think that really matters, now does it?
4. Am I the only one under the age of 70 who likes listening to Prairie Home Companion and the other gems on NPR? Or that even knows what I’m talking about right now?
Penpal loves it too, might I add. (Yep, that’s right- I just threw you under the nerd bus with me, boyfriend.)
I basically wanted to throw a parade after that. The line “How Stella Got her Groove Back” comes to mind now…except I’m pretty sure that movie was not about running. Like I mentioned the other day, though, my calf still feels like there’s something up where it connects to my knee.. like tightness that needs to be rolled out.
6. I spent half my Sunday roasting a chicken. Domestic goddess right here… more details coming tomorrow!
7. Did you make these pancakes for breakfast yet? I devoured them again yesterday.
What are your Monday things?