Couple updates kiddos..
1. On A Pink Typewriter is now on Twitter, because I always like to show up fashionably late to the party. Follow me: @onapinktypewriter!
If you think I’m amusing here, just imagine what I’m like in real-time.
2. Do you remember that freelance article I worked on this summer about untraditional wine pairings? Well, it’s finally live!
Check it out here on Snooth.com, a wine lovers’ website, and feel free to leave a comment.
Whatever it’s supposed to be called, it’s delicious. And I wish TSA would have let me bring home its leftovers via my carry-on bag Saturday. It’s my favorite part of Thanksgiving. You know, besides all the family and stuff.
4. I’m can’t stop thinking about the latest book I’m reading, The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides.
I started it on Wednesday while I was flying to Las Vegas, and then picked it back up Saturday on my flight back to D.C. I’m halfway done and when I am, I’ll post a review for you guys. Reader’s digest version so far: there’s been a couple of off color, awkward moments in the storyline, but for the most part this book has been great so far… especially considering that the main character is an English major, like me. Apparently we English majors are hopeless romantics and suckers for a good story. Guilty.
5. I tried combining the two stuffing recipes I was drooling over prior to Thanksgiving, and it was delicious…. but I didn’t break up the pieces of bread into small enough pieces so we ended up with more of a soft, bread casserole type situation.
One day I’ll follow recipes like a good girl.
6. My mom is mailing me my waffle iron! I’ve had it for ages, but it’s been sitting in a box in my parents’ garage in Vegas. I was going to smuggle it back to D.C. in my carry-on (like the sweet potatoes), but my mom was afraid they’d think consider it a weapon at airport security and take it from me. Whomp whomp.
7. I’m kind of obsessed with my camera.
Pretty Vegas sunset snapped last Wednesday.
Ugh. I want to take it with me everywhere.. too bad it’s so awkward to carry around when I’m also lugging a laptop to work.
8. I’ve got some big goals for the blog (and myself as a blogger). To start off with, I plan to start posting more frequently (like twice a day on some days!), and I’d love to hear about anything you all might be interested in reading about for future posts.
And by the way- thank you to everyone who’s messaged me or left comments on the blog… each one means a lot to me!
What are your updates today??