Welp, kids. I think we’re getting back on track.
Or at least I hope so. I’m not sure if any of you are aware of this, but I’m actually not a graphic designer. Nor do I want to be. A frustrated hair stylist, maybe. Graphic designer who can make crazy awesome website headers and backgrounds?
But…. I’m trying. And praying I don’t get fired from my money-making job in the process. Or turn away all of my readers with my inability to match colors. (Can color blindness come late in life..?)
In the meantime, let’s talk about some other things, mmk?
1. These. Eat them, okay? I forgot how much I love the fig flavored cereal bars from Trader Joe’s.
Taste like big Fig Newtons! Good thing I remembered. But do not get the other flavors. Ugh.
2. You know what else I want to eat? Okay just kidding, but seriously… this smells delicious. Like I could drink it and it wouldn’t just taste like soap.
I’m a huge fan of Philosophy’s body washes, and I’ve been buying myself them as a treat every year since I was a sophomore in college.
3. This weekend.
4. So, in an effort to get back to the clean-eating ways of past (ignore #3 here), I’m sort of partially regressing back to my old standby foods… i.e. from before I got so distracted by loaded baked potatoes and chocolate-covered everythings this fall.
Like oats. In this bowl: oatmeal cooked in water + unsweetened vanilla almond milk, with blueberries, bananas, and a drizzle of maple syrup. Oh, and a shovel’s worth of peanut butter.
5. I kept having such a major fail today with the treadmill at the gym. See that red button? It’s the emergency stop.
I kept knocking it off.
So… the treadmill belt would abruptly stop, and erase whatever my mileage and time had been. Apparently I’m very handsy with the t-mill.
6. I’m hungry and all I want are these back in my life. (Remember my trip to the happiest place on earth this summer?)
Penpal could come too, I guess.
7. I had a total Carrie Bradshaw moment this weekend and had to break down a shell out some money for a backup hard drive.
You don’t even want to know the dirty look the Apple “genius” gave me at the Mac store yesterday when I said I’d never backed up anything on my computer, ever, in my life.
8. I know that #5 and #6 contradict each other (above), but I’m over it.
9. Penpal and I are thinking of doing a fun trip together when he’s back as our Christmas gifts to each other this year….
Got a great travel spot you want to recommend?
What are your Monday things?