1. Since this Saturday’s adventure, I can’t stop wondering why I don’t currently own a winery.
2. After my big shpeel on Friday about being all over running and hardcore cardio, I went on a running kick over the weekend, running a little over 4miles on Saturday and 5 + change on Sunday.
I blame my boyfriend telling me about his awesome runs lately- he can bust out 8 miles in the blink of an eye, and I get competitive. 😉
3. In case you’re curious, I actually had eased up my grand running plans (you know how I was fake training with James?) over Christmas/New Year’s break, after my foot doctor told me to chill. One of my feet (the one that got run over two years ago) had become a bit swollen near the injury for some reason in recent weeks (due to narrow shoes), and my doctor doesn’t want me to run until it’s back to normal (minimal pressure).
4. If you read numbers 2 and 3, then you know I don’t follow rules very well.
I hope it’s beach weather by then…
6. I had been planning to go to a beginners’ CrossFit class yesterday,but I chickened out. I know, I knoooooooooow. I’m annoyed at myself too. Does anyone want to come with me?
Very unseasonable for a January in Washington, D.C., but I’m hoping we can ride this good luck out until about mid March, when it starts getting warmer again typically.
That’s a (my) spoon. Hitting the bottom of an almond butter jar.
And did I mention I just learned I’ve gained a few pounds since September, coincidentally when a certain boyfriend deployed… I’m sure this is helping tremendously.
9. My fellow Paleo-ers: have you been struggling to wake up in the morning since starting?
It’s been painful to wake my brain up each morning and get my day started, and I used to jump (well… that may be an exaggeration) out of bed and hit the gym before work, and now I’m snoozin’ like there’s no tomorrow. I do NOT recall this detail from when I last did a Whole 30, so I’m not sure if it’s Paleo… or me. I’d rather blame Paleo.
10. I have a LOT of yummy new recipes to share this week (Paleo friendly, vegetarians..not so much), including one this afternoon! Stay tuned!
Time to get to work! See you later today with a recipe.
What are your Monday things?