Restaurant week: the liberty tavern

You guys.

(From their menu, 1st course: Tavern Salad-  field greens, breakfast radish, red wine vinaigrette.)

Restaurant Week Dinner.

(2nd course: Creekstone NY Strip-  sweet potato batter fries [I opted for extra veggies instead!], roasted Brussels sprouts, spicy pecan brittle smoked bacon & bourbon steak sauce.)

(3rd course: Sorbet trio … and no, not quite Whole30 approved, but definitely Paleo friendly. I only had a few nibbles, so sue me!)

They even had THIS, which Beth ate and I stared at, drooling.

(Chocolate Caramel S’more Tart- Brûlée Banana, Whiskey Marshmallow <–PERFECT)

And everything I had was Paleo, to boot! What more could a Whole30-doing girl want? I love you, Liberty Tavern.

Back to regular posting asap, with a post dedicated to Paleo snacks coming up too!

How is everyone?! Do you participate in Restaurant Week in your city?

6 Comments on Restaurant week: the liberty tavern

1. katie @KatieDid
    January 18, 2012 at 8:22 AM (4 years ago)

everything looks amazing! Sounds like you had a fun weekend with your friend!

2. Beth
    January 18, 2012 at 9:15 AM (4 years ago)

yeah restaurant week! i wish it were rw every week :).

3. Em (WIne and Butter)
    January 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM (4 years ago)

I don’t even know what this restaurant week thing is – but it sounds like I want to get involved !?!!

• joelle
      January 18, 2012 at 8:53 PM (4 years ago)

Em: It’s this cool week that happens usually twice a year in cities around the country where high priced restaurants offer a selection of their menu via 3 courses for a set, reduced price! In other words, at many restaurants you get to try 3 courses of their food for practically the price of one entree.

4. Debbi
    January 18, 2012 at 2:09 PM (4 years ago)

That steak looks amazing and the veggies sound incredible. I was actually ready to run to the restaurant, then I realized i didn’t live on the eastcoast.

5. Life's a Bowl
    January 18, 2012 at 6:07 PM (4 years ago)

I had no idea it’s restaurant week [FAIL] haha 😛 Totally need to get out and eat!