Also known as “Lessons learned and things I wish I’d known before making dinner last night.”
1. I made a delicious recipe starring cabbage last night, which I’ve never cooked with before!
2. Um, could someone have warned me that cabbage is sort of… harsh on the ol’ tummy? Since putting down my fork last night, I’ve looked 3 months pregnant (I’m not) from bloat. And I’m dying.
3. My breakfast this morning, plus a banana.
Cabbage, you are dead to me now.
3. We’re done talking about that stupid vegetable now. Let’s talk about how I got new boots instead!
4. I’m thisclose to being finished with my Whole30 (Friday!). It’s been a great learning experience, but I’m dying for some ice cream, a baked potato, and Greek yogurt. Oh, and these.
Obviously I can’t go too long without a short stack, and these look freakin’ amazing.
5. Speaking of food groups that aren’t Whole-3o allowed, anyone have recommendations on some good coconut milk ice cream??
I have no idea what kind of ice cream that (above) is, but I want some.
6. When I got my hair done last back after New Year’s, my stylist got rid of my highlights and took me back to my “natural color,” except she thinks my natural color is about 5 shades darker than my real hair. Sooo I turned to the best person to answer random questions, my mother.
She recommended this shampoo from the 60s, Prell… apparently besides being super thick and smelling like a dream, it strips dye and chemical color from your hair. I think it’s working so far!
7. One of my favorite easy peasy meals since embarking on the Paleo adventure has been a mixture of sauteed ground beef (I usually get Trader Joe’s 96 percent lean version), peppers, mushrooms (sometimes) and onions.
It looks horrifyingly ugly to serve up on a plate, but hits the spot! Especially with hot sauce on top (<–necessary).
8. Why aren’t I in Florida yet?
9. I whine a lot. Especially after I’ve almost died by a dish full of cabbage.
10. I FINALLY (finally, finally) got my Foodbuzz paperwork in, so soon I should have even more fun stuff to share with you all!
11. I’m now all out obsessed with Pinterest. How else would I have found out about these?
12. Or these? I may need to bake them (marbled red velvet cheesecake brownies) for Valentine’s Day this year…
I’m sure they’d wash wine down well, no?
Got any things you’d like to share? P.S. let’s be friends on Pinterest!