What a mouthful.
I’m not sure what other breakfast says, “Hey, welcome to a new week… I know you didn’t want to get out of bed to start working this morning since you’re in sunny Florida, but since you’re up, enjoy your stay.” Or something quite like that…. You know?
This is like extreme chocolate. Perfectly timed for Valentine’s Day. Extreme chocolate in an already perfect food (pancakes) = extreme happiness.
Not bad before 9 am.
They’re even vegan, if you’re into that sorta thing.
But not quite Paleo… good thing that Whole30 is over, huh?
Oh.. And did I mention they were made FOR me?
Yeah. I think someone’s buttering me up for Valentine’s Day.
Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Pancakes
*inspired by this recipe from Eat Live Run
- 1 cup white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 medium sweet potato, mashed (zap in a microwave for 6 minutes and then insides will be softened up for mashing with fork!)
- 1/3 cup-1/2 cup chocolate chips, depending on how chocolatey you desire (I used 1/2 cup of semi-sweet)
1. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg. Add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl and mix until just combined. Note: batter will be thick.
2. Over medium heat, cook pancakes on lightly greased skillet until golden brown on each side.
Makes 6 large pancakes.