Howdy. The lovely Katie tagged me in her “11 Things” post that’s been floating around the blogosphere a few weeks ago, so I figured it was now or never to answer them!
I’m not narcissistic (or at least not more than anyone else who writes about pieces of their lives on a daily basis for all the free world to read about), but I LOVE random questions.
Just ask Penpal. It’s my very favorite wine drinking game.
He loves it. 😉
So last night I made another batch of those yummy pancakes for dinner and finally got to answering Katie’s questions. Here ya go!
1. What’s something about yourself that you’re working on?
Staying present! That’s really the main reason I picked more yoga-ing as my goal for this Lent. Often I think way too much, especially about the future, and I have to remind myself to just stay focused on the moment sometimes.
2. What is the worst injury you’ve ever had- how did you get it?
Easy- my foot got a massive wound and lovely skin infection after I got run over by a van in my last semester of grad school back in ’09, and I had to get a skin graft. (I’ve mentioned that whole situation here before if you want to read more.) I didn’t break any bones, but it was both a scary and defining time for me.
3. If you don’t already have a family of your own- what do you imagine your family to be like? If you do, did you ever dream your family would be like it is now?
Gosh, I don’t know! I imagine lots of love and happiness and pancake eating and random dance parties. How’s that?
4. What is the number one biggest stressor in your life right now?
Figuring out my career path in life. I’m a hot mess, and it’s a stressor I’ve put on myself (see #1). 😉
5. What’s one food item you can confidently say you will never attempt to make?
Never? SEAFOOD, 1000%. Ick.
6. What is your go-to, never fails to impress, dinner dish you make when you’re cooking for others?
Pancakes… duh.Or baked ziti/pasta. Most of my other dinner go-to meals (like stir-fries) are not really that impressive for a crowd. And does baking count? Because that’s what I make most for people to woo them… Like banana bread or chocolate chip cookies.
7. What’s one blog you get genuinely excited to see that they have posted or updated? What do you like about that blog?
8. What one age would you like to live over again- either because you loved it or to re-d0 it and why?
Hmmmm.. Maybe when I was 23? I feel like that was SUCH a great age. I loved grad school and living in New York City, and that was the age that Penpal and I officially started dating.. and that whole love thing. Yes, that was also the age I had the foot-run-over situation, but that experience taught me a lot.
Let’s be honest – college was pretty rad too, especially the last couple of years when I really felt good in my own skin.The above photo is from the end of Senior year when we all slid down our school’s letters that are mounted on a bluff on the side of campus. 😉 Totally legal.
(Love you ladies!!)
(From Momofuku’s Milk Bar in New York City.)
Open a restaurant or bakery, or a professional photographer. I think military combat camera photographers have such a rad job!
10. Are you an over-buyer or an under-buyer? You either stock up on random things and have no issue spending money on necessities and extras, or you put off buying things as long as possible.
With food, I’m an over-buyer. An empty fridge legitimately sends me into panic mode, like it’s Y2K or something. (Anyone remember my post about quinoa hoarding?)
With clothes or basically anything else, I’m extremely frugal (read: cheap) and under-buy. It takes me ten years to make small decisions about things like a new dress or buying an extra tube of toothpaste.
11. What is one talent or skill you wish you possessed ?
Patience (I’m only patient with kids). Or be more crafty/creative! The second would probably come if I had more of the first.
Okay, now I’m tagging a few folks to answer my own questions if they want:
Here are the questions:
1. How often do you wash your hair?
2. What city or state in the U.S. have you always wanted to live in?
3. If you could paint your house any color, what would it be?
4. If you could only wear one color for the rest of your life, what would it be?
5. What 4 staple ingredients do you have in the kitchen/pantry at all times?
6. If you won a trip to visit someplace in the world you’d never been before and could only take one person, who would it be?
7. What’s the length of your longest romantic relationship?
8. Do you consider yourself an adult?
9. What is your least favorite characteristic in yourself?
10. Pick one: love or money or fame.
11. What’s your very favorite word?
Readers, answer a couple in the comments! Happy Thursday!