Yesterday was my last day hobbling around, because this afternoon it’s SAYONARA crutches, and back to my own two feet!
2. “How come her sister is so much bigger than her?” – my dad, observing Khloe and Kourtney on “Keeping up With the Kardashians” this weekend.
Um, that’s a great question, dad.
3. I told you we take sweet potatoes seriously in my house.
4. This weekend, I made good on one of my goals for the new year- I submitted my first freelance article of 2013! Nobody is going to give you anything; you’ve got to go out and fight for it.
(That excerpt above is not the ending.)
Two poached eggs atop of tomato slices and sauteed spinach, with avocado and a side of fruit.
7. Brunch also reminded me that my dream job would be a tie between writing my little heart out, and owning a breakfast/brunch joint.
8. Fun fact: my company is rebellious about the holidays we honor, and MLK Day and Presidents Day, for instance, don’t make the cut. Hopefully YOU had the day off and got to sit around in pajamas, though.
9. Considering the fact that I’ve been working remotely the last few weeks while on the west coast, I’m pretty much always in sweats/pjs. One giant holiday, only one with work deliverables due.
10. You guys……… vegetables are great, and the Paleo Challenge is going well…but I really, really want a brownie.
Like ASAP. And asparagus do NOT taste like brownies.
(…think you know what I’ll be doing this afternoon — Googling “Paleo brownies.”)
What are your things today?
Ps. Apparently I Instagram everything…Follow me there- just search: onapinktypewriter.