Okay………. I guess the title of this post gave it away. As many of you already know, pancakes have been my very favorite food since I was barely eating solids. It was love at first sight. And National Pancake Day is a day where it’s totally okay to be a little late to work because you were celebrating with an extra large, weekend-esque breakfast. If your boss disagrees, have him/her call me. I’ll set ‘em straight.
Now, in honor of National Pancake Day, I thought I’d share a quick round-up, as well as a yummy new recipe.
Pancake Recipe Round-Up:
- Fluffy Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- Honey Sweet Potato Pancakes (from last year’s Nat’l Pancake Day celebration)
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Pancakes (a-freakin-mazing!)
- Paleo-friendly Pancakes
- Brownie Blueberry Pancakes (moist and not too chocolatey – see below!)
The Brownie Blueberry Pancakes (recipe at the bottom of this post) were whipped up this morning, and they seriously surprised me by being as delicious as they were. And they smell like a freakin’ dream while cooking!
Oh! In case you’re short on time in the morning and want to grab a stack for lunch, IHOP is offering free pancakes today to benefit charity, such as Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (you’re asked to consider making a small donation).
Did you hear me? I said FREE PANCAKES.
Have a (delicious) Tuesday!
Brownie Blueberry Pancakes
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, approximately (add less if batter starts to look too thin)
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup blueberries
1. Over a low flame (or in microwave!), melt butter and set aside to cool. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg. Mix butter, milk, and egg together and set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients (except blueberries and chocolate chips). Add egg/milk mixture into bowl of dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in blueberries.
3. Over medium heat, cook pancakes on lightly greased skillet until golden brown on each side. Repeat until out of batter.
Do you like pancakes? Share links for your favs in the comments!