Hump Day Thoughts

IMG_2899(source)

-That. ^ Amen.

-I cut a pineapple for the very first time on Saturday. If you follow me on Instagram, then you already know of this proud accomplishment. Big girl pants, ON.

-Speaking of big girl accomplishments, I’ve now been back living on the west coast and a proud California resident for one whole year! I celebrated by cleaning my closet for possibly the first time since I moved into my apartment. Yay?

-I’m on a hunt for patriotic gear for 4th of July next week. American flag sunglasses and bandanna, here I come.

-Not to get into your personal business, but I’m dying to know why it’s so rare for any comments to be had here on the blog. I know you guys are reading (many of you email to tell me so), so please feel free to say hi in the comments section of posts! It would make my whole week probably. (I’m serious.)

-Is it wrong that I love that darn “Hump Day” camel and that whenever the calendar strikes Wednesday, I hear his voice announcing the day? And that commercial came out how many months ago? Ugh.

-I saw the Jersey Boys movie last night! Let me preface by saying my whole family is Italian and from a similar neighborhood but in New York City…. I loved it. Oh my goodness. I was cracking up at the jokes and since I’m internally 65 years old, I now want to create a Four Seasons station on my Pandora channel.

-I’m up to running two whole miles! This weekend? THREE, and outside even. (For those of you new readers who are unsure why this is such an exciting accomplishment, I’ve been benched from running due to a fibula stress fracture since around March.)

-If you don’t already, you should like this blog’s Facebook Page. Why not?

Happy Wednesday!

Any hump day thoughts of your own to share?

10 Comments on Hump Day Thoughts

1. LTD 'fo Lyfe!
    June 25, 2014 at 10:16 AM (10 months ago)

I hear him too!! Hump DaAAYYYY!!!

2. Samantha
    June 25, 2014 at 10:25 AM (10 months ago)

obviously I’d listen and comment :) love you and all your pearls of wisdom!

• joelle
      June 25, 2014 at 11:17 AM (10 months ago)

Thanks for reading, birthday girl! :-)

3. Nicole
    June 25, 2014 at 11:55 AM (10 months ago)

I’m so glad you brought up the comments thing – they seriously make my day also, but I always feel like a crazy person leaving them on someone else’s blog! I always wonder if there is some sort of commenting rules and if I’m doing it too much or too little or saying something weird and rambling (which I might be doing right now?) From now on I’m vowing to say hi every once in a while to all of the awesome bloggers I follow!

Hi!!

• joelle
      June 25, 2014 at 12:13 PM (10 months ago)

YAY! Hi! Thanks for reading and please, feel free to ramble away. :)

4. Gloria
    June 25, 2014 at 3:09 PM (10 months ago)

I usually read everything through Feedly so I don’t always comment – but I’ve found the same issue on my blog! Google Analytics tells me people are stopping by and spending time clicking around and reading but very few comments.

Also, I love that quote.

5. Amanda
    July 8, 2014 at 9:32 AM (10 months ago)

OMG my boyfriend and I absolutely LOVE that camel. I printed out a picture of him and put him on the fridge on one random Wednesday and he is still there.

Have you seen the Geico commercial they run at the movie theater before the previews start? I can’t remember what he says but the camel is marching up and down the aisles in a theater.

• joelle
      July 8, 2014 at 10:31 AM (10 months ago)

Haha I have! Makes me so happy.. total marketing brilliance by Geico. :)

6. Steph
    July 11, 2014 at 9:41 AM (9 months ago)

Commenting to make your week/weekend!! Totally goes without saying that camel and I have an intimate love, but you already knew that ;)

What’s better than hump day? FRIDAY! Happy early weekend whoop whoop!

• joelle
      July 11, 2014 at 10:09 AM (9 months ago)

Ummmmmmm, I adore you. Thank you for commenting!!!