Second only to peanut butter sandwiches in its easiness. Avocado toast!
I know, I know.
I’m a little behind the curve. Avocado toast is soooooooooooooo yesterday.
I was super skeptical to try it when I first saw it popping up on some of my favorite blogs, sorta like kale chips….but I finally gave in, thanks to an avocado that was quickly browning in my fridge, begging to be used. And, unlike kale chips, a big bite of this toast left me pleasantly surprised.
You guys- it’s delicious! Even for breakfast – and this is coming from a pancakes/omelette kind of girl.
Just a smear of some pretty ‘cado, plus salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
Oh my, oh my.
The other day I also paired it with a side of scrambled eggs, which was just as satisfying and a bit heartier. Try it! Better late than never.
- 2 slices of your favorite bread (I used Ezekiel bread)
- 1/4 avocado (more or less depending on your preference)
- salt and pepper
- hot sauce
- egg (scrambled or poached), optional
1. Toast your favorite bread. While still warm, smear avocado on bread.
2. Add salt and pepper, as well as a healthy squirt of hot sauce. For more protein, add cooked egg on top. Enjoy!