1. Winter is officially here.
2. I have been snoozing my alarm clock pretty much every single week day for the last month.
What is going on? Does someone keep slipping me an Ambien every night in my tea? I need to head into hibernation or something for a few weeks, and then maybe I’ll feel more rested. If it works for a bear… no?
3. When I was in the shower this morning, I started thinking about how breakfast is my very favorite meal of the day (totally normal shower time thoughts).
Last night I had breakfast for dinner: a peppers and onion scramble, chicken apple sausage, and steamed veggies. What’s better?
4. Somehow Penpal convinced me to do this half marathon training plan with him….
(*Training guide courtesy of Runner’s World)
…even though neither of us are signed up for a half marathon. Just for kicks. I actually think I’m going to do it though, with some tweaks. I’ll keep you all posted.
5. Speaking of running, I didn’t make it into the D.C. Cherry Blossom 10-Miler.
I entered the lottery on a whim last week, but I think God may be telling me to chill the heck out. (Maybe I should reconsider #4…)
6. This is on my to-do list today.
I’m aiming for “Christmas in a box” this time. (If you want to learn more about sending a care package to deployed troops, check out this post!)
7. This morning I had the chance to meet up with my old coworkers for coffee.
Given the nature of my former workplace, I can’t really show you too much else other than the subway stop. I miss my old coworkers, and heck, even my commute. Never thought you’d hear me say that one, huh Washington Metro?
8. I’m convinced that people look completely different when you speak to them via Skype. Or maybe just me.
Someone told me I looked Asian last night, which – hate to tell you guys – I’m not. Not even a little bit.
9. Remember that cone “situation” I mentioned needed to be taken care of again?
Well. It was.
And no, we did not break any laws, so stop judging.
10. I decided to recycle some blank Christmas cards I had leftover from last year, and then realized – after sealing, addressing, and postage-stamping them – that the people I’m sending them to are mostly the same people who got them last year..
Oops? What are the chances they saved last year’s Christmas cards? #fail
What are your Monday things??