Over the weekend, I got a fun surprise — another blogger (hi, Jenna!) passed along the Liebster Award to me, aka a sort of blog love chain letter thang.
How the whole Liebster Award works:
1. Link to the sweet blogger that nominated your blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions they asked. (see below)
3. List 11 facts about yourself. (I’m skipping this part because I just did a post with some random facts…you can find it here).
4. Nominate 5 blogs with less than 3000 followers. (Or…..whoever I want? Okay, great)
5. Ask 11 new questions which those 5 bloggers will answer, if they feel so inclined.
Ya’ll know I love random question/answer posts, so I was jazzed to answer these questions. Here we go:
1. If you could be a character on any classic TV show, who would you be? Hmm… Lucy from I Love Lucy.
2. Jeans or a Dress? Dress (or yoga pants…. but no skirts).
3. If you could relive any moment from your past, what it would be and why? Crossing the finish line at my first half back in August – BEST moment e-v-e-r.
4. What’s your favorite quality about your mom/dad/both? My mom’s selflessness and patience, and my dad’s ability to be so giving and dependable for family who needs him.
5. What book from childhood did you read again and again? All the Babysitters Club books.
6. If you were on The Amazing Race, who would you pick to be your partner? Hmmm.. probably my best friend Meg, just because I know we’d entertain ourselves (and dominate, obviously).
7. Who would you write a letter to, if you knew they would write back? Famous or not. Dead or alive. My grandpa…. Or a past president, like George Washington or Harry Truman (I’m a history nerd, don’t worry about it).
8. What song reminds you of your childhood? Oh geez… “Waterfalls” by TLC… or, I don’t know, everything by ‘NSYNC.
9. Would you rather redecorate and redesign your kitchen, or your bedroom? Kitchen, for sure.
10. What’s the best quality in the man who means the most to you? Being an incredibly loyal friend… and making me laugh.
11. What’s one thing you wish you could have told your 18-year-old self? Always have faith in yourself.
Okay, now to pass the Liebster Award along! I nominate:
- Jenn from Eating Bender
- Megan from Freckled Italian
- Erica from Itzy’s Kitchen
- Ali from Ali On the Run
- Elle from Nutritionella
11 questions for those ladies:
- If you could paint your house any color, what would you choose?
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
- Who is the last person you speak to before bed?
- Which magazine or newspaper do you consider a must-read?
- What are your go-to frozen yogurt toppings?
- What is the one makeup/toiletry item you can’t live without?
- During a tough workout or run, what is one song that pumps you up?
- Chocolate or vanilla?
- What is the one food staple that sends you running to the grocery store soon as you notice it’s absent from your kitchen?
- Do you have a personal mantra (either for working out or for life)?
- If you have a bad day, who is the one person you immediately turn to to cheer you up?
Enjoy and happy Monday!
Join in – answer 1-2 of any of above questions here in the comments!